Bainbridge Cleaning & Prevention
Helping You Achieve Optimum Oral Health in Chenango, Delaware, Otsego & Broome Counties
Michelle A. Gifford DDS, PLLC is here to partner with you in your pursuit of a healthy, beautiful smile. Optimal oral health involves two essential components. First, you must have good oral care habits in your home. Second, you need to work with a dentist who provides teeth cleaning and prevention services in Bainbridge. With a commitment to both proper oral hygiene and preventative dental care treatments, you can ensure your smile stays protected now and well into the future.
Schedule an appointment for cleaning and prevention services, by calling (607) 225-2104 today.
How Often Should I Visit The Dentist?
It is recommended that you have a professional dental examination and cleaning at least twice a year. Taking preventative measures is essential to maintaining a healthy smile.
Maintaining Good Oral Hygiene at Home
Before we discuss the services we offer to help you maintain good oral health, let’s talk about what should be happening between your office visits. There are billions of bacteria living inside your mouth at any given moment. Many of these bacteria are harmful and cause plaque buildup that can lead to several severe issues like tooth decay and gingivitis.
There are several actions you can take to prevent bacteria accumulation in your mouth, including:
- Brushing your teeth at least two times a day
- Flossing at least once a day
- Using an antimicrobial mouthwash once or twice a day
- Reducing the amount of sugary or starchy foods you consume
- Minimizing your intake of acidic foods and drinks
- Cutting back on smoking or stop altogether
The above are general tips that can go a long way in promoting good oral health. However, there are several additional strategies and oral health aids that could be beneficial for your situation. When you work with Michelle A. Gifford DDS, PLLC, we can help you develop a personalized dental home care plan that enhances your daily efforts. We can narrow down all of your options, from what type of toothpaste and mouthwash to use, to determining if you need a prescription toothpaste.
Our Preventative Services
Now we come to specific dental procedures that we offer to enhance your oral health. These treatments are useful in preventing issues from occurring, as well as catching and addressing minor problems before they become major issues.
Our preventative services include:
- Teeth Cleaning – Our registered dental hygienists perform professional cleanings to remove harmful plaque from your teeth that accumulate despite your best efforts. By visiting us bi-annually, we can gently remove these deposits from the surface of your teeth. We use a professional-strength polishing paste that will leave your teeth ultra-smooth and shiny. This also serves to slow the yellowing of teeth and provides a better surface for daily cleansing.
- Oral Cancer Screening – Annually, approximately 30,000 Americans are diagnosed with oral cancer, and nearly 7,000 people die from it. Our dental team is trained to look for changes in your mouth that may indicate early signs of oral cancer. With a background in oral pathology, Dr. Gifford can determine if the abnormalities necessitate a biopsy and microscopic analysis by a qualified lab.
- Periodontal Therapy – Periodontal disease (gum disease) affects about 30% of the population and is the leading cause of tooth loss in adults. Although this condition is not curable, it is controllable with the right strategy in place. Our dental team can help you prevent, detect, and strategically manage periodontitis.
Call Today for Reliable Dental Care
At Michelle A. Gifford DDS, PLLC, we believe that bringing your efforts and ours into balance will enable you to achieve optimum oral health. With a proactive approach, together, we can make your teeth and gums as healthy as possible and help you limit your dental issues and expenditures.
For exceptional dental cleaning and prevention in Bainbridge, contact (607) 225-2104.